The other day I went out to buy a pair of Leather Sandals for me. There was a really remarkable collection of sandals out there from many brands and all looked good to me. But the catch was in the price tag. No one good pair of sandals from any reputable (I meant good quality) brand came with a price less than Rs. 2000/-. Of course, this is the case for quite some time now, but my thoughts ventured out to compare this price tag with some other items which too are indispensable for us, as a pair of sandals is. As I am a mobile phone guy, my immediate thought was to compare the prices of mobile phones and sandals and for that matter a comparison between mobile phone prices and the exclusive and expensive leg ware from the like of Nike and Reebok.
Mobile Phones in India which costs less than Rs. 2000/-
Mobile Phones in India which costs less than Rs. 5000/-
Mobile Phones in India which costs less than Rs. 10000/-
With the introduction of cheap Chinese mobile phones in India, the monopoly of Nokia and Samsung went up for a toss and the Indian Public can access a variety of mobile phones belonging to all classes and types at a price much less than those were about, say 3 years ago. Nokia and Samsung too introduced cheaper phones for want of other ways to woo the Indian consumers who are wise money wise.
Now, coming to the earlier point, I checked for the mobile phones available at less than Rs. 2000/- and found more than 150 of them. May I remind you, if I go for all the phones from all the companies which are rising from nowhere like mushrooms (the quality of which I am not sure of), the number of mobile phones available below Rs. 2000 will shoot up like rockets made in China. For the price of some Nike or Reebok shoes, anyone can buy a reasonably good and well equipped 3G mobile phone form Nokia or Samsung.
And here comes the question to all my friends. Why is it that a pair of Sandals made out of a sole (probably imported from China and available dirt cheap) and one or two pieces of leather stitched together cost so much? Why is it that we have to dole out our hard earned money to buy these sandals which are priced exorbitantly?
I have another question too. Is it so that the mobile phones come cheap to us are not good in quality and that they won’t last for long as some of their expensive counterparts do? More importantly, do the cheap versions of mobile phones available in India pose a health hazard because of the possible hazardous components used in their making? Do they emit more radiation than their expensive counterparts?
I invite all my readers to reply to this post with your valuable comments and suggestions for possible alternatives.
India Mobiles
http://www.priceofmobiles.com
Mobile Phones in India which costs less than Rs. 2000/-
Mobile Phones in India which costs less than Rs. 5000/-
Mobile Phones in India which costs less than Rs. 10000/-
With the introduction of cheap Chinese mobile phones in India, the monopoly of Nokia and Samsung went up for a toss and the Indian Public can access a variety of mobile phones belonging to all classes and types at a price much less than those were about, say 3 years ago. Nokia and Samsung too introduced cheaper phones for want of other ways to woo the Indian consumers who are wise money wise.
Now, coming to the earlier point, I checked for the mobile phones available at less than Rs. 2000/- and found more than 150 of them. May I remind you, if I go for all the phones from all the companies which are rising from nowhere like mushrooms (the quality of which I am not sure of), the number of mobile phones available below Rs. 2000 will shoot up like rockets made in China. For the price of some Nike or Reebok shoes, anyone can buy a reasonably good and well equipped 3G mobile phone form Nokia or Samsung.
And here comes the question to all my friends. Why is it that a pair of Sandals made out of a sole (probably imported from China and available dirt cheap) and one or two pieces of leather stitched together cost so much? Why is it that we have to dole out our hard earned money to buy these sandals which are priced exorbitantly?
I have another question too. Is it so that the mobile phones come cheap to us are not good in quality and that they won’t last for long as some of their expensive counterparts do? More importantly, do the cheap versions of mobile phones available in India pose a health hazard because of the possible hazardous components used in their making? Do they emit more radiation than their expensive counterparts?
I invite all my readers to reply to this post with your valuable comments and suggestions for possible alternatives.
India Mobiles
http://www.priceofmobiles.com